Walker's Exchange is
All the Substantials and Delicacies
We are the rich flavors of Louisville, warming souls through mouth watering delights - evident throughout our breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, invigorating tonics and weekend brunch. Our big oven is the heart of our kitchen, creating rhythmic southern inspirations of love. From the crunch of our fried chicken to the sugary glaze of our cinnamon buns, Walker’s Exchange is an American Brasserie serving all the substantials and delicacies of our fair city.
Being the first, and, for a brief time, only tavern in Louisville, Walker’s attracted all the great names that built Louisville, including statesman Henry Clay. By 1845, Walker’s was more than a tavern and changed its moniker to Walker’s Restaurant Hotel. Success followed Mr. Walker and he moved his thriving hospitality business to a newly erected building on Third Street between Main and Market for its final iteration as Walker’s Exchange. With its convenient proximity to the river in a thriving port city, Walker’s Exchange served the best and freshest cuisine transported from one end of the country to another. Walker’s hosted weary guests and hungry city folk until the 1890s. In 2019, Walker’s Exchange returns once again with a modern, open floor plan, and serving three square meals of Louisville cuisine every day.